Patum 2018. The Patum festivities that take place every year in Berga, the capital of the Berguedà region. It is a festival that coincides with the date of Corpus Christi, it celebrated from the fourteenth century and 2005 Immaterial Cultural Heritage was proclaimed.
Patum, is a festival where the senses and feelings predominate, with different melodies, the “patumaires” dance with groups:
• El Tabal is the party’s crier
• The Turcs i Caballets is one of the oldest dances of the party
• The Maces represent the eternal struggle between good and evil
• The Angels represent the good fighting against evil
• The Guites are the most primitive elements of the Patum
• The Àliga dance the most majestic and appreciated dance
• The Nans vells are figures with hats of three peaks and castanets
• The Giants, ancient defeated Muslim warlords
• The Nans nous four festive and stubborn characters
• The Plens is the apotheosis of the party
• The Tirabol gives the final point of the Patum
For this year 2018, it will be held from Wednesday, May 30 to Sunday, June 3. There are many acts these days. Even so, the first great act of patumaire will be before. On May 27 there will be the party of the 4 fuets.
In the five days of the celebration the featured acts will be:
Wednesday 30. First passacarrers to announce the arrival of the festivitie in the city.
Thursday 31. In the Plaza de San Pedro. There will be the first Patum in the morning and it will be completed at night.
Friday 1. The children’s Patum, in the square, in the morning will be a reduced version and in the afternoon a complete one.
Saturday 2. There will be the second passacarrers.
Sunday 3. There will be a Patum in the morning and a full one at night, in the Plaça de Sant Pere.